What is the biggest challenge in system integration in 2023? Every business today has a broad selection of applications and systems. Connecting those systems is a business requirement, but it can be a significant challenge for IT. In this blog, we will examine some of the most common challenges in system integration that almost every company faces. Read on to find out!
Definition of system integration
System integration refers to the process of connecting subsystems, subcomponents, and the entire network. This integration often enhances an organization’s efficiency and productivity while also improving quality. The symbiosis formed by System Integration enables the main system to achieve the organization’s overall functionality. In other words, all aspects of the business are cooperating to achieve a common goal.
It is also used to speed up information flow and lower operational costs. By integrating multiple parts of your business, you can communicate more effectively with third parties such as customers, suppliers, and shareholders.
What is the biggest challenge in system integration
Despite the benefits it provides, the companies may face many problems in ensuring cybersecurity, data accessibility and availability, cost reduction, and achieving strong internal networks. Let’s take a look at some of the most significant ones:
- Diverse viewpoints from different departments: Each team has its own responsibilities, which may be carried out using different applications or systems. To satisfy all needs, a systems integration model must strive to establish a management model and data access that are useful to all. The team in charge of system integration must not only respond to the demands of the business but also design an integration with a standardized view of the data.
- Monolithic systems: Many businesses use monolithic architecture systems that work with inherited and interlaced systems that are difficult to replace.
- Choosing the appropriate tool: Making the right decision here makes a huge difference in terms of functionality, integration speed, and cost. The chosen tool should enable seamless integration of cloud-based applications and on-premise.
- Scalability and maintenance: System integration must not only respond to current functional requirements; it must also be prepared for future performance, reuse, maintenance, and scalability requirements.
- System integration must not only look to the present, but also to the future; it must be prepared to respond to future performance, maintenance, reuse, and scalability requirements as well as current functional requirements.
The Impact of the Not Overcoming these Challenges
A properly implemented integration can improve a company’s velocity and efficiency tremendously. However, if a company isn’t aware of the constant changes in technology and doesn’t adapt quickly, they can face many challenges, including:
- Decreased Efficiency: When it comes to productivity, a bad system integration can reduce the efficiency of your team and require more employees to work on the project. Instead of focusing on their actual tasks, employees have to manually enter data into every subsystem used by the company. With your systems integrated and most processes automated, you can reduce the need to hire new employees and concentrate on more important and challenging tasks that will help your company grow and evolve. This is true for both large corporations and small and medium-sized businesses.
- Delayed Project Deliverables: Systems integration within a business creates interdependence among subunits, which will negatively affect the process of decision-making of each. On the other hand, central decision-making enables the coordination of work and the planning of system integration, but complexity and uncertainty are addressed at different levels through practices that engage in systems integration activities such as cooperation, questioning, future making, and change in management. This means the whole system would get delayed if there is any sub unit stuck with their tasks. If not solved effectively, this will delay the deliverables of the project.
Outsource app development team is an ideal solution
We hope that through our blog, you have found the answer for the question of what is the biggest challenge in system integration in 2023. Systems integration is an progressive process adopted by any businesses that want to reinforce communication and connection between a variety of products and business groups. However, aforementioned, this whole process is usually attached to some considerable challenges which in turn could reduce the efficiency of the whole system. To cope with these, companies should take an outsource app development team into consideration.
SupremeTech provides a complete system integration solution that is suitable for all types of organizations, regardless of their sector or size, work and transform. If you’d like to learn more about how our team can help you make the most of your current infrastructure while expanding your digital horizons, feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience!